About pumpkin health benefits and nutrition facts
Nowadays, Pumpkins are very grateful groceries. From them, you can prepare a bunch of salty and sweet dishes, like: soups, stews, ravioli, noodles, salads, bread, cakes, pies, puddings, marmalades, jams, juices, sauces etc.
Here’s what you probably did not know about the most popular autumn vegetable!
1. An excellent source of vitamins (especially vitamins C and E, which is the guardian of youth) and minerals, are easy to digest and do not thicken, as they contain more than 90% water (100 g has only 26 to 30 calories).
2. Pumpkin seeds have ten times the nutritional value of their meat and are an excellent source of protein, so in the seed pot, there are more protein than average meat steaks.
3. 100 g of seeds has almost 600 calories.
4. From pumpkin seeds is made oil, which has a specific, nutty taste and has a healing effect.
5. But their usability goes on, they are used because of their solid bark as pottery, some of them have the role of bottles in which water and wine are transmitted, some are used as pipes and musical instruments, from some, are made lamps, some are used as sponges and some of them are also growing in the USA.
Pumpkin health benefits
They have demonstrated the following health benefits.
Regulating blood pressure, Reducing the risk of cancer, Combating diabetes.
Banana Pumpkin Power Smoothie
1/3 cup pureed pumpkin
2/3 cup soymilk
1 frozen banana
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon agave
1 teaspoon chia seeds
Small handful of kale
2 ice cubes
Optional: One scoop of your favorite protein powder.
1. Blend and sip!
Enjoy the powerful antioxidants in the pumpkin and cinnamon, together with the fiber and protein of chia, calcium of soy milk and potassium from the banana!
Please follow and like us: